Subject: Re: mp3 cutting and pasting
From: Johan Vromans (
Date: 2004-08-17

Christopher Moore <> writes:

> I downlaoded mp3cut, but can't figure out how to use it. Is there a
> tool for building a cue file?

Included in the mp3cut kit is a tool cddb2cue, that produces a cue
file from a cddb entry.

Usually I use the audacity tool [1] to locate the exact cut points,
and create the cue file manually, or using the attached script.
For example, if the cut points for file album.mp3 are at 1:20 5:31.5
and 11:12, you run the scripts like this:

  perl album.mp3 1:20 5:31.5 11:12 > x.cue
  perl x.cue

No fancy GUI, but effective and easy.
Note that audacity works with decoding/encoding, so I only use it to
locate the cut points, not for cutting since that would degrade the
audio quality.

-- Johan