Subject: Dead JBM 20
From: Todd Wallace (tcwiv_at_ttlc.net)
Date: 2004-08-17

Hello again all, I have successfully removed the hard drive from my box
and tested it on my desktop via adapter. scan disk found no errors, I
added and removed files from it and finally loaded the latest firmware
 from Archos and reinstalled. I anxiously fired her up ....nothing.

where does the firmware reside; hardware or elswhere? Has my unit (bought
on ebay) been screwed up during a flash process?

The red light comes on, the lcd lights up for about six seconds (no sounds
 from the hard drive) and then shuts off.

Should I simply give up? Thanks again - Todd Wallace