Subject: RE: Questions regarding installing rombox
From: Aregullin, Manuel (Manuel_Aregullin_at_Intuit.com)
Date: 2004-08-18

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your help with this issue, and JRG thank you as well.
I have some questions for each of you. I've attempted to update using
various methods, but I'm not sure why There a few steps that I can't
complete.
JRG:
1. I checked out the blind flash instructions, which I must say, are pretty
good. However, step 4 mentions "Again wait for the disk to settle, then
press F2 to get a
warning label (if the plugin has exited, you don't have the proper file) and
F3 to actually program the file." I'm not sure which file is the improper
one. Is it the .ajz file, or the firmwareflash.rock. Should I replace one of
these.
I'm confused because, if I first start with a daily build, and then only
copy the 2 bin files to y jukebox using winzip, they are copied to a folder
called V2. I try to run the firmwareflash.rock by pressing play on it, and
the disk spins up and when it quits, I press F1. The disk spins up, and when
it quits, I press f2. At this point it seems to quit the plugin and take me
back to the menu that says "brows plugins" I believe that the sentence I
pasted above refers to the fact that if the plugin quits, I don't have the
proper file, I'm just not so sure that I'm copying the proper files out of
flashv20.zip. Should I indeed be copying the entire directory to my Jukebox?
Also one set of instructions mentions the Rombox.zip package, but the more
condensed blind flash instructions doesn't mention this package. I'm I
confusing 2 different processes around upgrading my rockbox?

I now have a question for you lee. You gave me a set of steps that I'm
trying to use also.
1. So, if I install the daily build, and then run it to make sure that it
works, which files from the rombox package should I extract? Should I only
be extracting specific files? I'm not sure which files contain the code
which gets updated with each build, thus I could be replacing the important
file.

For both of you. I've heard of a process involving a .ucl file. Do I need to
do something with rockbox.ucl

I can tell that something is being updated. Before I started with each of
your help, every time I pressed a key on the jukebox, the hd would spin up
to speak the folder number of the currently highlighted folder, it also used
to spin up the HD when I'd press the menu (f1) key. Now it doesn't have to
do that, the voice prompts are all a little more responsive. I'm just stuck
half way between updating my rockbox.
Sorry I've been so much trouble, and thanks for all your help.
Manny