Subject: Re: my rocking box is no more
From: Gordon Smith (
Date: 2004-08-18

"[IDC]Dragon" <> wrote in message
Hello Daniel,

sorry for not answering sooner. The last few days I was sortof offline.

> Last friday I was burgled in my house, and among a few other valuables
> they
> stole my precious Archos Recorder 20 v1 (40 GB).
> Rockboxless I now suffer.

My deepest condolescence!
A friend of mine left his one in a train. Some people are "getting" these
boxes without knowing what ideal value they represent.
But maybe they do, in your case watch out for new subscribers in the
Stockholm area.

> Is there anyone with an Archos Recorder (v1/v2/FM) for sale to a poor
> developer who can't live without rockbox hacking but find it hard to hack
> without the required hardware!

At least a few weeks ago, here in germany Saturn-Hansa, a major retail
store, was still selling V2 recorders. I saw it on display here in Hannover,
Jens (amiconn) in Berlin. They are priced to sell out, but I don't remember
the exact figure. Tell me if I should try to grab one.

GMX DSL = supergünstig & kabellos