Subject: new hardware reflexion
From: bobthc_at_gmx.net
Date: 2004-08-19

Hi everybody,
I recently broke my JBrecorder and choose to buy another JBrecorder.
I have difficulty to found reseller who always distibut it here in france.
I finally found it for 175 Eur and order it.
This hardware is now discontinued and if my brand-new recorder fails i'm
afraid to not finding another one to keep the best Mp3 firmware ever made.
During a little surf i found a asian manufacturer who sell a box with a lot
very good features really in the rockbox spirit :

- Decode MP3 / WMA / OGG format
- Encode: MP3 format ( 64, 96, 128, 160, 192 Kbps)
- Digital voice recording (DVR) of high sensitivity including line-in and FM
live record
/!\ - LCD: EL backlight large-scale dot matrix display (160 x 160 dots)
- User-defined music library and playlist playback
/!\ - 16MB anti-shock buffer
- FM tuner including 10 preset channels
/!\ - Real-time clock embedded

It's not distibute yet and i think it cannot be expensive because it's
directly the manufacturer who distribute it and not a product made by a
manufacturer for a big brand like archos. Moreover an asian manufacturer who
want to be a public brand can make some effort to be famous like support an
opensource project and help a efficient dev team.
It's an exemple but it can be a path for the futur of rockbox IMHO.

the box :

http://www.asianproducts.com/showproducts.php?item_id=A10922296304622&pic=big

the company :
http://www.winforce-tech.com/about.php

Thanx @ all for supporting this project !

Ps : I found another device who have the games as rockbox Tetris, Snake,
Othello, Sokoban and some features strangely closed of the rockbox features.
I'm perhaps too much paranoiac or it's perhaps just chance.
http://www.asianproducts.com/product_9/4GB-HDD-MP3_A10913457722729.htm