Subject: Re: new hardware reflexion
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2004-08-19 wrote:
> It's not distibute yet and i think it cannot be expensive because it's
> directly the manufacturer who distribute it and not a product made by a
> manufacturer for a big brand like archos. Moreover an asian manufacturer who
> want to be a public brand can make some effort to be famous like support an
> opensource project and help a efficient dev team.

In my personal opinion, it's more fun to work on a device with a wide user base. It provides more feedback and more potential contributors. Until we see what kind of distribution this model gets, I think the iRiver/Xclef option is the most interesting.

> Ps : I found another device who have the games as rockbox Tetris, Snake,
> Othello, Sokoban and some features strangely closed of the rockbox features.
> I'm perhaps too much paranoiac or it's perhaps just chance.

The features listed are actually pretty standard across most mp3 players. I agree the selection of games are curiously similar to ours, but I doubt much of the system is Rockbox code. At least the photos don't look like it. I guess we'll find out when/if it reaches an audience.