Subject: AW: News about charging problem ???
From: Matthias Klumpp (Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-08-20

Hi Linus,

# -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----Linus Nielsen Feltzing
# 3) It doesn't restart an interrupted charging cycle until after a grace
# period of 60 minutes, to let the batteries cool off.

That 3) might be my problem...

I'm using my JBR 99% in the car with a self build car adapter that supplies
8.9V (stab.) with load.
I have a Diesel car, so I'm not able to switch on ignition immediately.

So it goes like this:
- ignition on (motor not running, only glowing) -> JBR switches on
- wait more or less 2s (sometimes more, if I e.g. program the navigation)
- start motor -> 12V car voltage breaks down and comes up again

After that it takes a while and the JBR shows the battery with '?'.
Sometimes it then starts to charge (I guess if I started the motor shortly
after switching on ignition), sometimes not.

If you think in this procedure, 3) could cause that my batteries are
sometimes not charged ?

Greetings

Matthias