Subject: Re: MDB backwards compatible?
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-08-20

basslover wrote:
> By now I'm confused.
>
> If I have, for example, a cfg that says bass 5, loudness 3, bass boost 20%,
> and I load that cfg in a 2.2 recorder 20, does 2.2 recognize any of these
> bass, loudness and bass boost settings?

Yes it does, because "bass boost" is an old 2.2 setting. The new MDB
settings are "MDB enable", "MDB strength", "MDB harmonics", "MDB center
frequency" and "MDB shape".

In fact, you could create a cfg file with both the old and the new
settings, as the unrecognized settings are ignored. Then you can use the
same file for bost 2.2 and the daily builds.

By the way, only the bass boost setting has changed. The bass, treble
and loudness settings are the same as before.

Linus