Subject: Re: Messed Up Rockbox On Recorder V1?
From: Jens Arnold (arnold-j_at_t-online.de)
Date: 2004-08-21

Hello Barry

> I think I messed something up when I was playing with the
> shortcut keys or quick keys beside f1 on my Recorder v1.

> I'm no longer gettign spoken menus despite what I've tryed. My
> left arrow is acting like th eright arrow and vice versa. Like
> wise with my up and down arrows are reversed. F1, 2, or 3 I'm
> not sure if they are bringing up menus or not. If so it isn't
> speaking.

It seems that you accidentally switched on the "Upside down"
mode for the LCD, which also exchanges the functions of the
following keys:

F1 with F3
Up with Down
Left with Right

> Is there anyway I can do a complete reset to factory settings?

If my assumption is correct and you have "Upside down" mode
switched on, enter the following key sequence directly after
booting rockbox (assuming you don't have resume set to "ask"):

F3
Up
Up
Left
Up
Up
Up
Left
Down
Left
Up
Up
Play
Play

Your settings should be reset to the rockbox default now, which
give you spoken menus, but not spoken directory names.

Regards, Jens