Subject: HELP! Recorder V2 seems to be dead!
From: Carsten Tschach (
Date: 2004-08-22

when using my Recorder V2 on vacation, I had the problem that it was running out
of battery even with the charger connected. It suddenly stopped to play, but I
was always able to load the battery with a USB cable (didn't had the charger
with me).

Now it seems to be totally dead - if I connect it to USB nothing happens...if I
connect it to the Archos Power Supply it will heat up the Recorder, but still no
reaction. I also tried to remove the battery and inserted it again, so that the
Recorder get's a full reset...well, nothing helps.

I still have waranty on, but I don't want to sent it away if this is a solvable

Any way to use the Recorder without Battries as a "only work with attached power
supply device"?!

Bye, Carsten