Subject: Re[2]: News about charging problem ???
Date: 2004-08-22

Hello Linus,

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote on Saturday, August 21, 2004, 11:58:03 PM:

LNF> wrote:
>> Charging is started immediately after starting the AJB if the voltage
>> is below BATTERY_LEVEL_DANGEROUS. So there's no danger here and no
>> need for a change.

LNF> Not in the current builds. Björn removed that code, along with the
LNF> change that disabled the battery percentage readout until the readings
LNF> can be trusted... :-(

Oh, I was reading in powermgmt.c and in the init function, it says

    /* if the battery is nearly empty, start charging immediately */

That was a version from 22. July (the build I use personally ATM),
but that "?" battery display behaviour is already there.

BTW: I know that people ever complain about wrong battery display
values (not realizing that only an estimation is possible) and that this
is the reason for the "?" display, but I personally prefer the old
behaviour. Maybe an option for that would be useful ("Display
inaccurate battery value after startup: YES/NO").

Bye, Uwe.