Subject: Re: News about charging problem ???

Re: News about charging problem ???

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:04:20 +0200

uwe.freese_at_gmx.de wrote:
> Oh, I was reading in powermgmt.c and in the init function, it says
>
> /* if the battery is nearly empty, start charging immediately */
> if (power_history[POWER_HISTORY_LEN-1] < BATTERY_LEVEL_DANGEROUS)
> charger_enable(true);
>
> That was a version from 22. July (the build I use personally ATM),
> but that "?" battery display behaviour is already there.

Sorry I was unclear. I meant that the enabling of the charger was
removed when the "?" display was introduced. If you look closer, the
code in the init function is removed with #if 0.

> BTW: I know that people ever complain about wrong battery display
> values (not realizing that only an estimation is possible) and that this
> is the reason for the "?" display, but I personally prefer the old
> behaviour. Maybe an option for that would be useful ("Display
> inaccurate battery value after startup: YES/NO").

I agree that the old behaviour was better. And I think that an option is
unnecessary, as long as the behaviour is documented.

Linus