Subject: uart boot (was Re: HELP! Recorder V2 seems to be dead!)
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-08-23

> Hi! I have a JFM that need a UART BOOT...
> It freezed while the flashing...

Very few people actually needed that. And for nobody it froze during the
procedure, afaik. Are you sure? What kind of flashing did you do? Was it the
initial one, never flashed before, with firmware_flash.rock?
If you just did a .ucl update, you can start Archos with F1+On. Sorry if you
know and this is not applicable.

You may get away with just the serial mod, without the UART boot mod. My
monitor also is invoked with F3+On, if the first 2 KB of the flash are OK.

> Can somebody help me to repair it? I live in France... So if somebody
> knows
> how to fix it, reply please. Thank

I've once copied some tidbids here, never made it into a real article:
http://rockbox.haxx.se/twiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome?topic=UartBoot

Jrg

--
NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher fr e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail