Subject: Help with battery problems..
From: Kyle McGee (
Date: 2004-08-23

Hello -

I have lived in India and Nepal for the last 3 years.
I have a Archos Recorder 20 with Rockbox 2.2

I have had battery problems for some time. They simply
don't last anywhere near the amount they should. My
batteries died completely in Kathmandu, so I replaced
them there with 1800ma batteries, but they still last
a very limited time.

Generally I get 3-4 hours out the batteries before the
player needs re-charging. Any ideas? Can you at least
tell me what settings are optimum for the batteries? I
charge my player and then take it out remotely.

As you might have guessed, I have replaced the archos
adaptor with an adaptor that meets the local voltage
requirements. It is 12 volts and 500ma. I have tried
others and had similar battery problems...

Please let me know any thoughts.. When is the new
version of Rockbox coming?

Do you Yahoo!?