Subject: Re: ROMbox on the FM
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-08-24

> Just tried it, it works straight away ;). I'm running RomBox on my FM
> Recorder too, thank you Jrg !
> How can I be sure that my box is really running RomBox ? Is there an
> entry in the debug menu ?

No. Perhaps the best way to tell is that for ROMbox the .ucl flash plugin
will refuse to work as long as you're running from ROM, it tells you to run
an .ajz first.
And you may notice that the startup log appears quicker, since no
decompression or copying of the firmware is done. Boot time is the same, we
still have to wait for the disk.

> Do I need to rise antishock delay to 8
> seconds or does RomBox now use the freed memory as an MPEG buffer ?

The extra memory is "automatically" used for the mp3 buffer, like all
unclaimed memory.

Jrg

--
NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher fr e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail