Subject: 3.5" hdd?
From: Bob Allsopp (
Date: 2004-08-24

I've just bought my second Recorder from eBay (6gig upgraded to 20gig)
My aim for this one is to build a permanent home stereo system. The
advantages over a standard PC are the quick startup time and low noise and
heat levels, and the built in screen and buttons.

I have about 150gig of files so I wondered how easy it would be to use a
cheaper 3.5" hdd instead of the 2.5" hdd? I'm guessing the power
requirements are higher so will the recorder be able to drive it directly.
If not I've seen external 3.5" USB caddies that use a separate 12v/5v psu.
Any suggestions or recommendations would be welcome!

Outgoing mail is definitely certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (