Subject: Volunteering for porting Rockbox
From: Christi Alice Scarborough (christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk)
Date: 2004-08-24

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 06:55:28PM +1000, anmelden wrote:

> I heard there was some discussion about coding for another hardware
> platform somewhere sometime in the future (maybe).

With respect to this discussion, I should probably say that I have the
time to create a Rockbox port if a platform is selected.

What I don't have is the physical acuty of sight necessary for reverse
engineering - I can't see well enough to trace circuit boards and my
limited electronics knowledge isn't really up to the job anyway.

Also I probably can't afford to buy hardware. (The reason I have time
is that I have post-viral fatigue. This means that I am well enough
to do stuff about 40% of the time, but I can't reliably predict *when*
I'll be well enough. This is obviously not a problem for Open Source
coding but makes holding down a job kind of hard. Obviously this
isn't conducive to having a large supply of cash to donate to the
porting project.)

I appreciate this isn't an ideal situation but with two caveats I can
probably devote an average of an hour or two a day to the project.
The first is that someone would need to supply the hardware, the
second that someone else provide hardware specifications for me to
write to.

I'm not sure how much use this would be, but I thought I'd at least
make the offer.

Christi

--
Christi Alice Scarborough - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~christi/
Not a member of the Lusty Wench Cabal (TINC)          Caffeine != Sheep