Subject: Re: Volunteering for porting Rockbox
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2004-08-25

[IDC]Dragon wrote:
> One of the ideas I had in the past weeks is to make
> a proof-of-concept by porting Rockbox to the PC.

This is a good idea. Porting Rockbox properly means more than just writing code that runs on a different target. We need to restructure a lot of things so the codebase can handle multiple platforms without splitting into separate branches.

Those of you who want to start looking into these things should try to be available on IRC as much as you can, to syncronise the effort and make sure we agree on the design issues.