Subject: Re: The new french tranlation file needs testing !
From: Fred (speedup_at_gmail.com)
Date: 2004-08-25

Eric Lassauge, who wrote the previous french Rockbox language file,
sent me an email explaining me that some strings could not scroll on
the player as they do on the jukebox. I wanted to build an
uisimulator, but apparently it doesn't work on win32-cygwin systems
(if I'm wrong, please give me some hints about building that sort of
simulator !).
I don't know how much strings are to take into consideration, but I
wonder if we could not introduce some special strings for players,
(same string, but with "_PLAYER" next to their name) as it is the case
with LANG_BUFFER_STAT, LANG_SETTINGS_SAVE and so on. Rockbox should
then only load into memory the strings that match the device type,
player or jukebox, for these special strings. What do you think about
that (other than "it would take hours to achieve") ?

Fred