Subject: basic questions
From: Jim Denham (jdenham_at_iglou.com)
Date: 2004-08-31

Hey all:

I'm fairly new to the product and have some basic questions I was not able
to find answers to on the site. I recently purchased an Archos FM Recorder
that I want to install the Rockbox software on. I see that the release
build is 2.2. However, I am a totally blind user and want to install the
software to make the product talk. The site states that a daily build is
required for this. My question, do I need to install the 2.2 release prior
to installing a daily build or can I just go ahead and install the daily
build? Also, can someone recommend a daily build with the speech module
that is fairly stable? I want to learn how to use the basic features and
enjoy the product a bit before I start beta testing various builds with
bugs. Also, any tips and tricks for installing the software from a Win XP
machine are appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any information.

Jim