Subject: Re: Neuros Firmware
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-09-01

> I just thought I'd draw attention to this article on The Register:
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/09/01/neuros_open_source/

Yes, we're aware of them opening the source.

Unfortunately, it comes with
- no documentation about the hardware nor CPU (maybe upcoming)
- no clue on what development environment is required, rumours are you need
an expensive commercial compiler
- with some components (codecs, USB) as libraries only (7 in total), perhaps
they got it this way from TI

I'm not complaining, Neuros probably released what they have as their source
tree. But currently, this is not very useful. Plus, the Neuros not common
and a very unattractive box, even larger than ours. Don't know if they are
still sold and how many are around.

Jörg

--
Supergünstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl