Subject: Re: my box rocks!, not second test of link to post
From: Brian Wolven (brian.wolven_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2004-09-01

Aman Singer wrote:
> Hi, Vincent.
> You asked
> One other question comes to mind. Will the script have to be run every time
> music is downloaded to the box?
>
> If you create a new directory, and want that directory's name spoken
> as a word, rather than spelled, you will have to rerun the script, but
> should only do so on the particular directory. That is, if I had a directory
> called
> J:\audiobooks
> and ran the VBS script on
> J:\
> The audiobooks directory would be spoken as a word. However, if I
> then added a directory called music, that directory wouldn't be spoken as a
> word unless I ran the script again. This time, however, I'd enter
> J:\music
> since I wouldn't want to take the time to go through the audiobooks
> directory, as it was already labelled. Therefore, when you add directories,
> you should run the script once again on those directories if you want their
> names spoken.
> However, when you simply add files to a directory that existed when
> you last ran the script, there is no need to run the script again.

By default, the script is set to an "update" mode anyways, so even if
you run it on your whole collection it will only generate the .talk
files for folders that do not yet have one. The folder checking itself
is very fast; it's only the clip generation that takes a few minutes the
first time the script is executed.