Subject: Re: ROMbox / safe shutdown bug????

Re: ROMbox / safe shutdown bug????

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:38:16 +0200 (MEST)

> Today I was listening to my JB and shut it off at about 3:30pm using a
> double click. 8 1/2 hours later I try to turn it on again and find that
> my battery is totally wiped. Plugging into the charger or USB gives the
> constant clicking of the machine trying to access the drive then running
> out of juice. F1+On doesn't get any further. I'm running the last
> public ROMbox release on a flashed down JBFM.

Please hold F1 while plugging the charger into the (powered off) box. This
should bring up the Archos charging screen.

I'm confident your full drain of the battery has nothing to do with ROMbox.
That mode of operation should not matter.

Do you happen to have an old bootloader? (So old that the .ucl flash plugin
complains about it?)

Jörg

--
NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail