Subject: RE: ROMbox / safe shutdown bug????

RE: ROMbox / safe shutdown bug????

From: Stuart Tedford <stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:28:12 +0100

> Plugging into the charger or USB gives the
> constant clicking of the machine trying to access the drive
> then running out of juice. F1+On doesn't get any further.

When you say "F1+On" do you mean that the "On" part is via inserting the
charger, as that is what is required. So try "F1+Plug" to turn on the
device. I don't know if this works on the FMR, so let us know.

I had the same initial problem last night with my V1R, the battery
indicatior said about half full, but it was flashing. Then it powered down
due to not being able to spin up the disk shortly after, while still showing
about half full on the battery indication. Weird.

Stu.