Subject: Building RomBox out-of-the-box
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-09-02

Hi

I want to get the RomBox building into the CVS and general build scripts so
that we can provide prebuilt rombox ucl files in the daily builds etc.

I have a few suggestions on how to proceed to make this:

1 - We add the new .lds files to CVS, either as totally new files or as
     #ifdef'ed sections of the existing .lds, I haven't investigated if the
     latter makes sense. Possibly the two rombox .lds files could be a single
     one with #ifdefs for the models, similar to the existing app.lds file.

2 - We add the modified uclpack.c source file to CVS to make it easier for
     everyone to build the rombox-version of uclpack. Alternatively, we make
     a simple perl-script that makes the equivalent of uclpack -none since
     there is no compression used for the Rombox version!

3 - The build script then dynamically checks if uclpack -none can be used and
     if it can, it builds a rombox.ucl similar to how it already builds
     rockbox.ucl. Since there are size limits, the build script should itself
     check (if possible) that the output rombox file is small enough to fit on
     target. This is important since different GCC versions output different
     sized files and I don't want to check for specific versions of gcc or
     similar.

Good enough? What did I forget?