Subject: Re: V1R running on USB power possible.
From: Ronald Teune (
Date: 2004-09-02

Can't remember when, why or were, but I read part of the USB spec, 1 or 2
days ago, and it said that the voltage from usb has to be 4.5 V or higher,
and the max current is 500mA. Also, for self-powered hubs it must be at
least 100mA. Well, that's what I remember. So if you have bad luck, it
isnt gonna work at all...
And, if your batteries die in one hour even with charger connected, I
think you should consider buying new batteries (or is this normal? My v1
rec stayed on for about one hour too, without charger)
Anyway, good luck :)