Subject: RE: V1R running on USB power possible.
From: Stuart Tedford (
Date: 2004-09-02

> And, if your batteries die in one hour even with charger
> connected, I think you should consider buying new
> batteries (or is this normal? My v1 rec stayed on for
> about one hour too, without charger)
I think it's fairly normal. I get about 1.5 hours max out of it with a
freshly charged set of 2300mAh (about 5 months old now). I have a 5400rpm
disk in it so that is gonna count against me too. But when I had a slower
disk with 1800mAh batts I was getting about the same 1.5 hrs of USB. This
can be stretched to about 2hrs with the charger inserted.

> Anyway, good luck :)
Thanks, I'm probably gonna do it next week if I can get hold of a suitable