Subject: RE: windows media files
From: Fred Maxwell (
Date: 2004-09-03

Bad recommendation. WMA and MP3 are both lossy. Converting from one to the
other introduces additional degradation. Also, each is designed to be run
against uncompressed files, so the results when working with files that have
already undergone lossy compression is probably going to be less than ideal.