Subject: Re: Bug 949268
From: George H. Yeager (
Date: 2004-09-06

John Gurd wrote:
> Just out of interest, what problem does this bug cause?
> John

Hi, John.

This is the problem where the 16th file in a directory repeats
continuously instead of moving on to the 17th. I've been living with
it, but I'm getting enough content now to where it is becoming a real
pain. I've got a major reorganization coming up when it's fixed, and I
really don't want to keep compounding the problem.

In fact, I'm about to buy a Creative Zen so I can keep working. I use
the box mainly for language learning, so each topic directory may have
many related short MP3 snippets -- perhaps 60 or so at this time. My
Racmaninoff Vespers CD has 18 tracks, so I can't even put it in a single
directory. I'd think 128 or 256 (if it can't be essentially unlimited)
would be a good design goal.

$100 Rockbox donation bug bounty?