Subject: External Mic preamp?
From: Shervin Riahi (
Date: 2004-09-07

Hey guys, I have a nice sony stereo microphone, but I notice (with
much dismay) that it barely picks up any sound when I use it to record
via my AJBR (running today's daily build). As a control, I plug my
_headphones_ into the same port (the Line In socket), and voila, the
device receives sound input and I can record (albeit at a very poor
quality level). As such, I guess I need to buy some sort of preamp in
order to boost the incoming signal, right? Any suggestions on an
affordable one?

Thanks in advance!!