Subject: Feather Linux on Archos?
From: Mat Holton (
Date: 2004-09-09

Hi there,

I've just discovered Feather Linux and it boots from a flash card (connected to USB), what I want to know is will it knacker my MP3 player if i install it onto it?

I ask this because in order to get the flash disk bootable you need to run a windows exe called sysLinux. I assume this set the bootsector of the Hard Drive.
So does rockbox use the bootsextor at all, or does it boot up itself (the answer seems to me to be the latter but I want to ask first).

Any Ideas?

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Time ... to die."

Surface Inspection Ltd