Subject: Re: Linux on USB HD

Re: Linux on USB HD

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:37:06 +0200

How much doesn't it boot?
Does it say something like "trying to boot from usb...", and what happens
after that? Or doesn't it mention usb at all?
Did you try other usb devices (flash?) Maybe the computer doesn't wait
enough for the disk to spinup, or some other hd related issue, or
unsupported usb chip (or am i stupid to assume this...?)
does booting ms-dos work? Like this: hook it up to a win98 pc, do a sys e:
(where e is the drive of the jukebox), make the partition active, and
check if it boots.

about compiling rockbox: i'm happy with bluechip's solution, but maybe
others like yours better.
And I'm gonna try Feather Linux... I have a spare 100MHz laptop for which
I need to find a good linux :)

Good luck,
Ronald