Subject: Re: Call for help on iRiver port
From: Vladimir Pantelic (pan_at_nt.tu-darmstadt.de)
Date: 2004-09-10

Stuart Tedford wrote:
> [...]

not in all cases, a lot of BGA sockets are quite big, they are meant to
be used on "test" or "evaluation" boards, not on final products.
Most of them would have "pins" on the bottom, so you need a special PCB,
you cannot mount them on top of a PCB where you just desoldered a BGA chip.

> I think they are harder to find than rocking-horse poo though. A guy here
> at work was looking into it a few months ago, so if you want I can ask him
> for more info.

Not difficult to find:

        http://www.yamaichi.com

just horribly expensive :-(