Subject: Re: Recording problems

Re: Recording problems

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 23:34:15 +0200

Hello Paul

>>  One important question (well, at least for me): Do you
>> record from
>>  line in or from s/pdif ?

> spdif 48 KHz

Ok, so I have a suspicion what's going on there (although I
don't have an idea yet why this would depend on the rockbox
version).

I'll probably test it myself, but I have to acquire an spdif
optical->electrical converter first, since I never used spdif
before, and my only other device equipped with spdif happens to
have an optical output only.

The mas obviously happens to have a bug concerning recording
from spdif, if the signal is not 100% clean, see

http://www.intermetall.de/products/documentation/consumer/mas3587f/downloads/mas3587f_1ais.pdf

Another thing that may prove very helpful to track your
recording problems down: Do you remember _exactly_ (or are
willing to figure out exactly) which change to the recording
code introduced the problem?

Regards, Jens