Subject: Re: Recording problems
From: Jens Arnold (
Date: 2004-09-10

Hello Paul

>>  One important question (well, at least for me): Do you
>> record from
>>  line in or from s/pdif ?

> spdif 48 KHz

Ok, so I have a suspicion what's going on there (although I
don't have an idea yet why this would depend on the rockbox

I'll probably test it myself, but I have to acquire an spdif
optical->electrical converter first, since I never used spdif
before, and my only other device equipped with spdif happens to
have an optical output only.

The mas obviously happens to have a bug concerning recording
from spdif, if the signal is not 100% clean, see

Another thing that may prove very helpful to track your
recording problems down: Do you remember _exactly_ (or are
willing to figure out exactly) which change to the recording
code introduced the problem?

Regards, Jens