Subject: Re: When is next Rockbox release coming?
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-09-13

Neon John wrote:

> S/PDIF out is broken too, I think. I had been using some digital-in computer
> speakers in my apartment until they quit working. Or so I thought. Based on
> this thread I got my O'scope out and looked at my V1's output. Nadda. I'm
> currently running ROMBox 082304. Previously I was running the daily build
> flashed from 050604. I believe that the 050604 version's S/PDIF output was OK
> but I'm not sure.

S/PDIF out works fine for me. If you like, I can build an older version
of Rockbox for you to test with, but I suggest you try 2.2 first.

Remember that S/PDIF doesn't work with all sample rates. Make sure you
play a file with 44.1kHz or 48kHz. I think S/PDIF supports some other
sample rates as well, but those two are definitely supported.

Linus