Subject: Re: Jukebox 20 pcb fried? Does anyone want a non charging Jukebox?
From: Michael Donat (michael_at_donat.org)
Date: 2004-09-15

rik_at_paradise.net.nz said:
<snip>
> Two months later the same thing happens again. No charging, some smoke, a bad
> smell and one annoyed owner.
<snip>
> So does anyone have any experiences of this happening or perhaps how to fix it
> (with out getting it RMA’ed)?

somehow it sounds like you reversed the dc voltage resulting in burning up the
regulator.
I've uploaded an image of the replacment part I used when my Jukebox did this.
http://www.donat.org/archos/temp/34063.jpg

I don't know how skilled you are at soldering, or how easy it would be for you to
obtain the part. The six I obtained were as sample so the repair cost me virtualy
nothing.

hope this helps,
Strath
gmEmu project