Subject: Re: to weak batteries - cant even charge... ;-(
From: karl 'the_angry_angel' southern (
Date: 2004-09-15

>I think it would be a good idea to fix this before V2.3 is shipped.
>The fix seems to be to start charging immediately, then after a minute or
>so, measure the battery voltage and see if charging should continue or not.
Maybe I'm being ignorant of some feature (and if I am, ignore this), but
I dont think that this is the best solution. If the batteries become
'overcharged' the electrolyte inside them will evaporate overtime. Over
weeks/months, if the batteries are fully charged when this process
starts, wont this shorten the battery lifespan? Or am I being too cautious?

Karl 'the_angry_angel' Southern

Note: The incoming email for this address is filtered. If you want a guarenteed response/read, please prefix your email with: [URGENT] or request a read receipt.