Subject: Re: eliminate duplicate files

Re: eliminate duplicate files

From: eD\\/ARd0 F/\\KEn^M3 <cojonesdetoro_at_badeddie.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:18:32 -0400

I wrote a wrapper script for fdupes:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/fdupe/

I can have it either prompt me or give precedence to specific dirs and
autmatically put duped files into a 'dupes' folder.

This works even if the duped files have totally different names.

It doesn't work if you have two copies of the same song/artist from
different sources.

This works under Linux. You might be able to work it with Windows or Mac
<shrug>.