Subject: Re: Advice/Help Needed :(

Re: Advice/Help Needed :(

From: Manuel Dejonghe <limbus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:37:37 +0200

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 23:59:40 +0100, karl 'the_angry_angel' southern
<the_angry_angel_at_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Ok, im getting irritated - ive been out, got a new cable after my ebay
> purchase arrived cableless.
> I've loaded the drivers for XP, its picking up the JB - but its not
> assigning it a drive. Are there any known issues of having too many
> drives for the driver or something (I have 7 drives: A-H [not including
> B])? I can hear the drive physically spinning up, but nothing happens -
> am I gonna assume its something more sinister, like a slightly knackered
> HD/dodgy connection?
>
> Anyone got any ideas?

I've got (and still have) constant problems when connecting my (USB
2.0-aware) recorder v1 to a usb2.0-port on my computer. Co-workers
told me XP is not USB2.0-ready per default and I'd need supplement
drivers, which I failed to find.
If I try, I've got the same problems it's not shown in the disk manager either.

If I connect it to any USB1.1-Port my computer has, it works. It's
slow, and WinXP keeps telling me I connected a Hi-Speed device to a
non-High-Speed-Port, but it works.

My mate is connecting it from time to times to his notebook
pcmcia-usb2-adapter, which was delivered with a special driver of
course. So I know USB2.0 is definitely working. And it's faaaaast ;-)

Hope you're able to find a USB1.1 port on your machine, or either a driver.

Manuel