Subject: Re: Advice/Help Needed :(
From: karl 'the_angry_angel' southern (the_angry_angel_at_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 2004-09-17

thanks for the offers of help, rocker if you could send me your drivers
I would appreciate that :)
yesterday i dismantled my player and the HD in it is knackered, so I've
temporarily replaced it with my laptops hard drive (a Hitachi DK23EB-60,
iirc). however, XP home & pro (sp2 and sp1) now pick up the HD as the HD
itself, and usb storage adapter - still no letter assigned to it and it
isnt viewable in disk management. I've been using JUD
(http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jstewart228368/lud/) to confirm that the
disk is ok (which is able to mount it), so I'm thinking about shoving in
my knoppix cd to copy stuff to it atm.
any other suggestions?

my apologies for using this mailing list as a general JB troubleshooting
area :-s i feel kinda guilty about doing it, but everywhere else i've
tried hasnt come up with any replies/answers/suggestions..

--

Karl 'the_angry_angel' Southern http://theangryangel.is-a-geek.com/