Subject: Re: How do I unflash the Rockbox?
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-09-17

> I guess I do not have the original Archos software,
> because holding F1 on bootup shows the Archos software
> for a moment and then the Rockbox software comes.

You do have it.
It loads rockbox immediately, apparently you have an ajbrec.ajz in the root
directory. If you like to F1-start into Archos software, move this file
away.

> I have had tremendous battery problems with the
> Rockbox software. I am in India and I use a universal
> power supply. The Rockbox software will not charge the
> batteries consistently, but the Archos software will.

So, hold F1 while plugging in the power plug, while the box is shut off.
This will force charging with the Archos charging screen.

Jörg

--
NEU: GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail