Subject: Re: How do I unflash the Rockbox?
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2004-09-17

[IDC]Dragon wrote:

>>I have had tremendous battery problems with the
>>Rockbox software. I am in India and I use a universal
>>power supply. The Rockbox software will not charge the
>>batteries consistently, but the Archos software will.

Rockbox depends on a quite high charging rate to work well. You will get
optimal results with a regulated 11V supply, but a regulated 12V should
be OK as well. That's what I use.

With a regulated 9V charger, the charging will take ages, and Rockbox
will end the charging prematurely (while the original firmware won't).