Subject: RE: How do I unflash the Rockbox?
From: Stuart Tedford (
Date: 2004-09-17

> I have had tremendous battery problems with the
> Rockbox software. I am in India and I use a universal
> power supply. The Rockbox software will not charge the
> batteries consistently, but the Archos software will.
You can use the charging function of the original archos firmware by holding
down F1 with the unit switched off, then inserting your charger, which will
switch the unit on and go straight into the archos charging screen.

Then when you actually want to use the JB you can unplug and restart
RockBox, because lets face it, the original firmware is basically unuseable
for decent mp3 playback.