Subject: Re: Questions concerning the iRiver
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2004-09-18

Joseph Jones wrote:
> What battery life is it currenty capable of?

Iriver says 16 hours, and user forum posts appear to confirm this.

> What does the LCD on the remote display at various points? How many
> lines etc. does the LCD have?

The remove LCD shows, with the Iriver firmware, basically the same as the main screen only shrunk somewhat to fit the smaller display.

> Can the unit be used without te remote?

> Does the unit charge from USB? Do we know whether charging can be
> controlled by software? Particularly any USB charging.

I don't know.

> Does USB mode drain the battery significantly as with the Archos models?

I would expect somewhat less drain, simply because the smaller harddisk uses less power to spin.

> How much movement will the unit handle before suffering from RLOD-esque
> symptoms? Does the unit suffer from this at all?

I have seen some places say the iriver works well for jogging.