Subject: Re: Questions concerning the iRiver
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-09-18

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, Björn Stenberg wrote:

>> How much movement will the unit handle before suffering from RLOD-esque
>> symptoms? Does the unit suffer from this at all?

> I have seen some places say the iriver works well for jogging.

Since it has 32 MB ram, and let's say 25 of them are free for the playback
buffer it should play more than 20 minutes at a time without spinning up the
disk...

So, if you jog for 40 minutes it is just one spinup required during the run.
Of course the less spinups needed, the better it works during bumpy
conditions.