Subject: Re: New button code

Re: New button code

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:59:11 +0200

Brian wrote:
> Quick question: Has the button bug:
>
> -the up button sometimes activates the F2 menu
> -the right button sometimes activates the left button
> -the down button sometimes activates the right button
>
> been fixed yet?

No, that is a driver issue and has not been fixed yet. It occurs when we are reading the button voltage level just while it is changing. Then we read a temporary voltage that represents another button than that which was pressed.

The fix is to read the voltage twice and filter out large variations, but that adds some other complications which is the reason we haven't implemented it yet.

--
Björn