Subject: Re: Charging issue ?

Re: Charging issue ?

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:44:29 +0200

Newbeewan wrote:
> Hi,
> I encoutered a strange behaviour with rockbox ( 20040903 ) non-flashed.
> Battery was 80% charged.
> My ajbr was plugged to AC all over the night, after that, there was only
> 52% and *not* charging !
> I need to unplug/replug AC to start a new charging process !
> Trickle charge is On, Deep discharge is Off.
> Is it a charging bug ?

Not necessarily. It depends on how long your adapter was inserted.
Rockbox won't trickle charge for longer than 12 hours after the charging
is finished. So if you keep it attached for a very long time, the
batteries might not be full after all, even if Trickle is enabled.

This is done to protect the batteries from wearing out if the charger is
attached for several days. On second thought, we might want to remove
that safety feature...

Linus