Subject: Question about rockbox charger
From: Pedro Clemente (PMC.Newsletters_at_netcabo.pt)
Date: 2004-09-21

Sorry if this is a basic question, but i don't want to fry my box (at least,
not intentionally).

I have a jukebox recorder v1 and the charger's plug is loosing contact, and
every so often i find my box out of power because it wasn't charging.

So, I need a new charger. The thing is, I have an old charger at home, from
some old appliance I don't even remenber, with the following specs:

230v~50Hz

23.5W

1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5/9/12 V

1000 mA (12VA max)

My question is, would this, set at 9v work with my jukebox, or do I have to
buy a new one?

If I need to buy a new one, does the amperage need to be exactly 600 mA,
like the original charger, or can it be higher?

I have another one, which is 9v at 500mA. Would this work?

I think my main confusion is about amps. I don't know if a little lower
would do the trick, neither if a bit higher would fry the box.

Again, sorry if these are simple questions, but I don't know much about
this.