Subject: Re: Question about rockbox charger
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2004-09-21

Pedro Clemente wrote:

> Sorry if this is a basic question, but i don't want to fry my box (at least,
> not intentionally).

First of all, you might want to read the Battery FAQ:

> 1.5/3/4.5/6/7.5/9/12 V
> 1000 mA (12VA max)
> My question is, would this, set at 9v work with my jukebox, or do I have to
> buy a new one?

If it is a regulated supply, you should set it to 12V. If it isn't, I
wouldn't recommend using it, because it might overheat your jukebox. You
can try at your own risk, with the 9V setting.

However, since you can select the voltage, it is likely regulated.

> I have another one, which is 9v at 500mA. Would this work?

This will probably not be good, since it can't deliver enough current.