Subject: Re: News about charging problem ???
From: sophana (
Date: 2004-09-23

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:

>> Anyway, I think it wouldn't do any real harm to immediately start
>> charging, then after a minute or so, stop charging and wait for a
>> reading from the batteries.
> I agree.
I have a problem with this behaviour during usb transfer:
when usb is plugged, there is more power consumed, and the recorder
keeps on stopping after some minutes when batteries are low and it is
This behaviour is VERY annoying because you just CAN'T use your recorder
as a hard disk when the batteries are low.

I think the right algorithm during usb is to check the battery voltage
every second after the charging has stopped. If it is critical, then
continue the charging process immediately before the recorder will stop.

Adapting the charging algorithm to the usb is definitely necessary.